Good nutrition creates health in all areas of our existence. All areas are interconnected.
Holistic Food Coach, Teacher
I believe food is so much more than ingredients we put on our plate. The food we eat nourishes us physically, mentally, emotionally and spiritually and we have the power to choose how we want to feel each day. I also understand that sometimes it isn’t that simple. Trust me, I know. I have been there, and as a former sugar addict, I know getting on and staying on the healthy food train isn’t always easy. Sometimes you need support.
My approach to health and wellness is holistic. What we eat, what we say, how we act, how we move and what we think are just as important to our health and wellness as the food we put into our bodies. With over 15 years experience as a teacher, I have shifted my approach to focus on my passion for health and wellness to now guide, mentor and coach people with their food and lifestyle choices. Becoming a mother six years ago saw my passion and inspiration for food ignite and take on a conscious path to wellness. This food and learning journey started as a bumpy road; one with twists, turns, potholes and speed bumps but after co-founding Pinkfarm, a health and wellness community with my best friend from high school, my journey accelerated and took a more conscious path. I still continue to learn every day but now I especially love using my gift of teaching and coaching to help guide others on their own personal path to wellness.
- A food journey is one we are on for life. We must make a conscious decision to take the ride, but once we do, we never stop learning and growing.
- Our journey takes time to get going and gain momentum. Sometimes we need support along the way.
- We need to approach food holistically. Food is more than just fuel for our body, but nourishment for our mind, body and soul.
- Healthy food does not mean deprivation and will power. Once we gain the knowledge and skills we learn how to enjoy the gifts from nature and eat real food that is delicious!
- We should eat foods as close to their natural state as possible. As I tell my son, if it comes from nature, then we should eat it.
- We need to return to tradition and reconnect with the knowledge from our ancestors. To do this we need to rethink food, reclaim culture, renew health.
Eat like you love yourself. Move like you love yourself.
Speak like you love yourself. Act like you love yourself.
Fun Facts About Me
- My son Diesel is my love, light and greatest teacher.
- I am crazy about dogs. I have an American Staffy and Boxer.
- I love strength training.
- I grew up in Cairns and the Atherton Tablelands ~ a country girl at heart.